The School of Library and Information Science has had a presence in Columbus since 1975.
When the School moved its offices and classrooms to the State Library of Ohio in 2008, it became the first library science program to be housed within a state library since Melvil Dewey's School of Library Economy at the State Library of New York opened in 1889.
The State Library's renovated 6,100-square-foot space — located in the historic Jeffrey Mining Manufacturing Co. complex in Columbus' Italian Village — offers the following:
- State-of-the-art classrooms, conference and meeting areas
- Faculty and staff offices
- Access to the State Library’s vast collection of resource materials
- Free parking
- Central location just north of downtown Columbus, just blocks from the Short North Arts District and Greater Columbus Convention Center
Note: All inquiries about SLIS and applying to the program (for online, Kent Campus and Columbus site) should be directed to the Kent Campus office: School of Library and Information Science, Kent State University, 314 Library, 1125 Risman Dr., P.O. Box 5190 Kent, OH 44242-0001, Phone: 330-672-2782, Fax: 330-672-7965, firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbus Location & Facilities
- 274 E. First Avenue, Columbus, OH 43201
- Phone: 614-291-1001, Fax: 614-291-1015
- Classrooms: Rooms 106 & 108
- Faculty offices: Room 100
Nancy Lensenmayer, A.M.L.S.
- Associate Lecturer
Miriam Matteson, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor