- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
What is Destination Kent State?
It’s a required student orientation program where you meet one-on-one with a college advisor to set goals and explore opportunities. You’ll register for fall classes and have a great time meeting new friends.
Okay, so how do I register?
Log into FlashLine with your username and password.
In your “Student Checklist”, click on “Schedule for Destination Kent State Advising and Registration.”
There are many things you should do in preparation for your Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration visit.
- Registration begins March 1.
- Log-in and regularly check your Flashline account.
All admitted students receive information in their admission letter about their Flashline portal account (includes email) which includes your login, Student ID number, and password. Students will be required to complete some activities within the Flash Line portal. Please be aware that email is the official form of communication at Kent State University and students should begin checking their accounts regularly.
- Advising and registration takes place during the months of June and July
- Complete the FAFSA. All students are encouraged to complete the
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon as possible after January 1 to determine eligibility for federal and state aid including student and parent loans. Kent State's Title IV School Code is 003051.
- Take a moment to download and read the Guide to DKS below.
Below is a list of items we would recommend bringing to your Advising & Registration session:
- Casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes
- Umbrella (rain or shine, you may do some campus navigating during your visit!)
- Paper and pen/pencil
- Photo ID to obtain your student ID card (Flashcard)
- Jacket or sweater (many of our buildings are air-conditioned and may get chilly)
- Advanced Placement Test scores, Post-Secondary credits, or college transcripts as appropriate. Transcripts may be unofficial for advising purposes.
- Your FlashLine username (Kent State University e-mail address) and password
For your Destination Kent State experience you will have two check-ins, one for your overnight lodging and the second for the actual DKS program. Please be sure to check-in at the Eastway Center first between 7:45 am – 9:00am. Once you are checked into Eastway, make your way to the Kent Student Center between 9:00am -10:00am the DKS program check-in.
Parking for the Destination Kent State Advising & Registration program is available across from Eastway in the S-40 and S-37 lot. There will be no charge for parking. You may print a parking permit by clicking on the link in the confirmation e-mail you will be sent after you register for Destination Kent State or by by printing the parking ticket below.
GPS Address for the Eastway Center:
1450 Petrarca Drive, Kent, OH 44243
To familiarize yourself with the campus before you arrive, view the Kent Campus Interactive Map.
Kent State University is committed to student success.
Programs that require math and/or foreign language will require students to complete a placement assessment (personal calculators are not permitted). See your Next Steps Checklist in Flashline for assistance in determining which placements are required.
The enrollment fee of $150.00 must be paid before you can register for the DKS: Advising & Registration program.
Registration for the June & July 2-day Destination Kent State programs will begin on March 1. To make your appointment for Destination Kent State: Advising & Registration, please log on to your FlashLine account and follow the links to the Destination Kent State registration system. Select the date that is available for your major (that date will be a “live” link in the scheduling system).
Have your answers to the following questions ready when logging in to your Flashline account to register for Destination Kent State.
- Will you have any college credit that will transfer including Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEOP), Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB)?
- If you have college credit, all official transcripts must be submitted to the Admissions Office at least two weeks prior to your scheduled appointment. Please indicate the number of anticipated transfer credit hours.
- Do you or a family member who will be attending the Destination Kent State program require any special accommodations?
- If YES, please specify in detail what your special needs are for the visit. Please list the name of the individual requiring assistance, the nature of assistance needed, and if it is a student or family member.