Social Involvement & Leadership
Be sure to take advantage of the following opportunities for social involvement and leadership.
- Student Multicultural Center (SMC) helps to cultivate a sense of belonging and cultural affirmation to Kent State students. Learning to appreciate our differences and connecting communities that allow for students’ personal growth is at the heart of everything they do.
- Male Empowerment Network (M.E.N) supports the academic, professional, social, and personal development of men of color. All students are welcome to join.
- Sister Circle supports the personal, social, cultural, and professional development of women of color at Kent State University. All students are welcome to join.
- Black United Students (BUS) provides educational, cultural, and social programs and activities which relate to the past, present, and future goals and aspirations of black people.
- Alpha Psi Lambda is a fraternity and sorority that promotes continued personal and collective growth of their members’ success and unity through education, leadership, cultural awareness and community service.
- Spanish Latino Student Association (SALSA) is a student-run organization that assists Latino students representation at Kent State, educate the university community about issues of importance to Latinos, and provide academic, social, and philanthropic programs.