Service Leaders and Community Partner Advocates
Service Leaders and Community Partner Advocates are undergraduate or graduate student leaders committed to strengthening our community, developing leadership skills, and advancing equity. We are now hiring for both positions for the Spring 2024 semester.
As a Service Leader, you have the opportunity to:
- Lead monthly Days of Action
- Develop expertise on an issue challenging the Kent State/surrounding communities
- Plan and facilitate "Service in a Flash" events
- Attend two meetings per month with other Service Leaders focusing on leadership development & community engagement
- Spread the word about opportunities with Community Engaged Learning through tabling, info sessions, and presentations
- Collect a FLASHcash gift each semester (with the fulfillment of all responsibilities)
As a Community Partner Advocate, you have the opportunity to:
- Serve as a student liaison to a community partner--a local non-profit organization or government agency (working approx. 8 hrs./week)
- Assist in developing original and real programs and projects with your community partner
- Attend two meetings per month with other Community Partner Advocates throughout the year focusing on community engagement and social justice issues in the community
- Be employed as an hourly employee of the university (earn $12.70/hr.) and, if eligible, earn your Federal Work Study award
Click here to apply to be a Service Leader in Spring 2024.
Click here to apply to be a Community Partner Advocate in Spring 2024.
If you have any questions, please contact Craig Berger, Associate Director of Community Engaged Learning, at email@example.com.