Graduate Admission Requirements
To apply for our Master of Fashion Industry Studies, you’ll need a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. We also look for students with a minimum 3.300 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000-point scale, but we may also accept GRE or GMAT scores if your GPA is below that level.
If you would like to pursue a research thesis, your degree should be related to fashion to ensure you have the background knowledge for this challenging project. You should also have two years of industry experience.
How to apply
As part of your application, we ask that you provide the following materials:
- Your official GPA transcript(s)
- A goal statement (maximum 1,000 words) explaining your academic and career aspirations, as well as the research interests you wish to pursue. We look for research topics that relate to a critical issue(s) in the fashion industry today.
- Supportive materials that demonstrate your research and writing capabilities. This could be a significant term paper, research project report, and/or a visual portfolio with at least five to ten examples of work that document the design process.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably a mix of references from academia and the fashion industry.
- English language capability – if you’re an international student, you can provide proof of English language proficiency by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 587 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 94 TOEFL IBT score (internet-based version)
- Minimum 82 M.E.L.A.B. score
- Minimum 7.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 65 P.T.E. score
- Minimum 120 Duolingo test score
If you have difficulty sourcing the information or you’re concerned that you don’t meet the criteria, please contact our faculty.
Start your application today
We’re now accepting applications for Fall 2022. The deadline for applications is April 15, 2022.
You may find the following resources helpful:
- How to apply through graduate college office at KSU
- Application Portal
- Tips and requirements for the graduate application
- International Admissions
- Application guide for international applicants
Apply for an Assistantship
If you would like to reduce your tuition fees by working part-time for our faculty while you study, you could apply for an assistantship.