The 2024-2025 FAFSA is NOW OPEN!
You are now able to submit your 2024-2025 FAFSA. This is for students attending Summer 2024, Fall 2024 and Spring 2025.
In response to challenges students and families have experienced related to the launch of the FAFSA, Kent State University has extended our FAFSA deadline from Feb. 15 to March 15. This means you must file the FAFSA by March 15 to be eligible for maximum scholarships and the best financial aid offer from Kent State University.
If you were able to complete the FAFSA, the University Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at Kent State will not receive your FAFSA results until mid-March at the earliest. Previously, we planned to send offer letters in March. This may change due to the unexpected delays we have been experiencing.
Complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA if you are attending Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and/or Spring 2024.
For the 2023-2024 year, apply as soon as possible if you haven't completed your FAFSA for the current academic year to be awarded. The FAFSA should be completed well before all payment deadlines to ensure funds are available to assist with your bill. The 2023-2024 academic year includes Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and Spring 2024.
The following table provides a summary of key dates for FAFSA completion for the current and upcoming years, and what tax information you will provide.
Semester you plan to attend
You will submit this FAFSA
You can submit the FAFSA
Using income and tax information
|Summer 2023, Fall 2023, Spring 2024
|Summer 2024, Fall 2024, Spring 2025
|NOW (limited availability during soft launch)
|Summer 2025, Fall 2025, Spring 2026
Previously, we planned to send first-year Fall 2024 student offer letters in March. This date may change due to the unexpected delays. Returning Kent State University students are expected to be awarded for the 2024-2025 academic year beginning mid-to-late April.
To ensure maximum financial aid eligibility, complete the FAFSA no later than March 15, 2024.
There are a few federal student aid programs that have limited funds, so be sure to apply as soon as you can once the FAFSA is available.
BENEFITS OF COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA EARLIER
- You will be done early, and you will be more prepared for the upcoming year.
- Your financial aid will be finalized, and you can search for need-based scholarships.
- Maximize your eligibility for certain need-based programs with limited funding.
- Less stress than waiting for the last minute to file!
- Time to make more informed financial decisions!
- View Federal Student Aid Filling out the FAFSA Form steps
- View Federal Student Aid Completing the FAFSA Form questions and answers
- Check out our Financial Aid FAQs
- View a collection of videos to assist you and your parent(s) in completing the FAFSA, along with other additional financial aid information! This includes how to complete the FAFSA using the new myStudentAid mobile app!
- Watch our FAFSA overview to see how completing the FAFSA can help you fund your education. (This video references the 2021-2022 FAFSA)
We're virtually bringing the financial aid experts from the University Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid to your home!
See below for upcoming events:
Virtual FAFSA Overview
This virtual webinar will provide an overview of the NEW FAFSA form for 2024-2025 changes and provide guidance and tips for completing the form by the deadline of March 15. This session is geared toward returning students, but any student or parent is welcome to attend. All students are encouraged to complete the NEW FAFSA since the formula to determine Pell grant eligibility has changed.
FAFSA in a Flash
Schedule an appointment to received help filling out the FAFSA.
View more upcoming events presented by Federal Student Aid.
View below to see what assistance the regional campuses offer virtually for FAFSA assistance!