Students are now able to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) earlier.
Complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA if you are attending Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and/or Spring 2024.
Complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA now!
For the 2022-2023 year, apply as soon as possible if you haven't completed your FAFSA for the current academic year to be awarded. The FAFSA should be completed well before all payment deadlines to ensure funds are available to assist with your bill. The 2022-2023 academic year includes Summer 2022, Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
BENEFITS OF COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA EARLIER
- You will be done early, and you will be more prepared for the upcoming year.
- Your financial aid will be finalized, and you can search for need-based scholarships.
- Maximize your eligibility for certain need-based programs with limited funding.
- Less stress than waiting for the last minute to file!
- Time to make more informed financial decisions!
The following table provides a summary of key dates for FAFSA completion for the current and upcoming years, and what tax information you will provide.
Semester you plan to attend
You will submit this FAFSA
You can submit the FAFSA
Using income and tax information
|Summer 2022, Fall 2022, Spring 2023||2022-2023||NOW||2020|
|Summer 2023, Fall 2023, Spring 2024||2023-2024||NOW||2021|
|Summer 2024, Fall 2024, Spring 2025||2024-2025||Beginning October 1, 2023||2022|
To ensure maximum financial aid eligibility, complete the FAFSA no later than Feb. 1, 2023.
First-year students for the fall 2023 semester are expected to be awarded their comprehensive financial aid as a result of the FAFSA beginning in late February. Returning Kent State University students will be awarded for the 2023-2024 academic year beginning mid-to-late April.
There are a few federal student aid programs that have limited funds, so be sure to apply as soon as you can once the FAFSA is available.
- View Federal Student Aid Filling out the FAFSA Form steps
- View Federal Student Aid Completing the FAFSA Form questions and answers
- Check out our Financial Aid FAQs
- View a collection of videos to assist you and your parent(s) in completing the FAFSA, along with other additional financial aid information! This includes how to complete the FAFSA using the new myStudentAid mobile app!
- Watch our FAFSA overview to see how completing the FAFSA can help you fund your education. (This video references the 2021-2022 FAFSA)
We're virtually bringing the financial aid experts from the University Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid to your home!
We will discuss valuable information about federal financial aid programs, how to apply, the financial aid awarding process and how to figure out your costs for fall 2023. There will also be a live Q&A session where we can address your questions and concerns regarding the FAFSA and financial aid process. Download the Microsoft Teams application to be able to ask questions during the session.
Click the date(s) below to register :
Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
FAFSA in a Flash
Schedule an appointment to received help filling out the FAFSA.
View more upcoming events presented by Federal Student Aid.
View below to see what assistance the regional campuses offer virtually for FAFSA assistance!