Post Undergraduate - Graduate Non-Degree - Undeclared - Combined Students


If a student has earned a bachelor’s degree and is not in graduate school, that student is considered a post undergraduate student. Federal financial aid available to approved post-undergraduate and graduate non-degree students is limited to Federal Direct Student Loan programs (subsidized and unsubsidized) at the undergraduate loan levels ranging from $5,500 to $12,500 per academic year. Approved students will be held to the undergraduate aggregate loan limits ($31,000 for dependent students or $57,500 for independent students). Aggregate loan limits include loans previously borrowed as an undergraduate. To be eligible for a loan, the student must be enrolled each semester in required coursework at least half time (minimum 6 credit hours per term) and meet one of the following criteria:

  1. Enrolled in a second bachelor's degree program for which the student will receive a second bachelor's degree upon completion of all academic requirements. Students pursuing a different major within the same bachelor's degree already earned will not be eligible for federal financial aid.
  2. The student has earned a bachelor's degree and is enrolled in an associate degree program for which the student will receive an associate degree upon completion of all academic requirements.
  3. Enrolled in courses required for admission to a graduate or professional degree program (there is a one-year limit of federal financial aid eligibility for required prerequisites). If the student is simply taking courses to raise his or her GPA in order to be admitted to graduate school or a professional degree program, the student is not eligible to receive aid. Professional degree programs must be post-baccalaureate to be considered.
  4. Enrolled in an elementary or secondary teacher certification/licensure or re-certification/licensure program.
  5. The student has earned a bachelor's degree and is enrolled in an approved certificate program.  Please list the 3-digit certification code number on the Program of Study when selecting Certificate program under "Which program is the student pursuing?".  See your certificate academic advisor if you are not sure what the 3-digit certificate code number is and make sure you are admitted to that program prior to submitting the Program of Study form.

Students must maintain a minimum overall 2.0 GPA and complete 67% of their overall attempted hours.

Post undergraduates and graduate non-degree students must complete the FAFSA and submit and complete the Program of Study form (located on our forms page). This form must be completed for each semester and signed electronically by an academic advisor verifying the required coursework and program. Students must be registered for courses and admitted to their academic program before completing the form.  Students initiate the form and then the student's academic advisor must review, update and electronically sign the form. If the academic advisor signs the form and gets the "Thank you" page, the form will automatically be sent to the Student Financial Aid Office for processing. Students submitting a Program of Study Form for the summer term should also refer to for possible additional steps. 

Decisions are relayed through the student's FlashLine account.

Deadlines for the 2023-2024 Academic Year:

Term Deadline
Summer 2023 Appeal Thursday, August 10, 2023
Fall 2023 Appeal Sunday, December 10, 2023
Spring 2024 Appeal Sunday, May 5, 2024



A student must be officially admitted and enrolled in an eligible degree program to receive federal aid. If the student is merely allowed to take some courses before being officially admitted to a program (for example, as a guest student), the student is not considered to be a regular student and will not be eligible to receive federal financial aid until he or she is officially admitted to a degree or approved certificate program. If a student is denied federal financial aid due to his or her status as an undergraduate non-degree student, or a student with an undeclared major, the student must contact their college, school office, or regional campus office to inquire about declaring a major. If the student is now in a program that qualifies for federal student aid, the student should let the One Stop for Student Services know about this change so that the account can be reviewed for federal financial aid eligibility. 

Visit the Forms and Applications page for the following information and forms:

  • Combined Program information
  • Post Undergraduate or Graduate Non-Degree forms.