Education Abroad Photo Contest
Are you looking for a way to share your education abroad experience with the Kent State community? Do you have a photo with a great story behind it? Did you take photos of some beautiful scenes and sights?
If you answered, “Yes!” to any of those questions, then you are in the right place! For I Heart Travel Week, the Office of Global Education is hosting a photo contest for current and past education abroad participants!
Winners will receive a framed 8 x 10 print of their winning photo. Winning photos will also be featured on the Education Abroad social media pages and TV screens around campus. For your chance to win, please review the information below!
- Submit photos that showcase your love of Kent State while abroad.
- The Classroom Expanded
- Submit photos that showcase your learning in or out of the classroom. Photos can be from internships, school events, in the classroom, on campus, class excursions, and more!
- Cultural Connections
- Submit photos that showcase the local culture in your host community. Photos can be of you trying local foods, taking part in cultural activities or events, visiting a local market, going to a museum, and more!
- Scenic Snapshots:
- Submit photos that showcase the local scenery or important landmarks in your host community.
One winner will be selected from each category (4 winners total). Winners will receive a framed 8 x 10 print of their winning photo. Winning photos will also be featured on the Education Abroad social media pages and TV screens around campus.
You can submit up to 4 photos by February 17, 2024. You will need to submit the following information for each photo:
- The education abroad program on which the photo was taken
- Location of the photo
- Why you chose the photo or the story behind the photo
- You must be a current Kent State student
- Photos must be from your time on a Kent State sponsored education abroad program
- Photos must be your own original work
- Photos should not be overly edited and should not use filters
- Photos should be appropriate
The Office of Global Education staff will narrow down the submissions for each category. Each photo will be judged with attention to how well it fits the chosen category, the story behind the photo, and the quality of the photo.
The top 3 photos from each category will be featured in our Instagram stories for voting during I Heart Travel Week. You can find the voting schedule below. Winners will be announced on Monday, February 26, 2024.
- #FlashesAbroad: Tuesday, February 19, 2024
- The Classroom Expanded: Wednesday, February 20, 2024
- Cultural Connections: Thursday, February 21, 2024
- Scenic Snapshots: Friday, February 22, 2024
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.