Newly Admitted International Students
Congratulations on your admission to KSU! As you prepare for your visa interview and arrival to Kent State, we want to take you step-by-step through the process. Students who intend to study virtually for the start of their program can learn more about resources available by reviewing our Virtual Study Resources page.
Have questions that aren’t addressed in our steps below? Contact us!
In-person advising is currently suspended until further notice. Please use virtual options to contact us. Read through the options below carefully to determine the department you need to contact.
- Questions regarding how to receive your Form I-20 (F visa): Contact the I-20 team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (330) 672-7980.
- Questions regarding your admission or academic program: Contact International Admissions at email@example.com or call +1 (330) 672-7970. To schedule a phone appointment or call us during phone advising, please refer to our Contact Us webpage.
- Questions regarding arrival information, immigration, etc.: Contact International Student and Scholar Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule a phone appointment or call us during phone advising, please refer to our Office and Advising Hours webpage.
- Online International Student Orientation (OISO)
- Travel Tips
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE): Student Process Steps
If you only intend to study remotely temporarily or you are interested in deferring your admission, please notify us of your plans by submitting the Deferral Request Form. This form will let International Admissions and the team that creates your I-20 know that changes need to be made. If you already have an I-20, then you will need an updated immigration document. This form will help us to take the necessary steps to provide that document to you. The deadline to complete this form for Fall 2021 is to be determined.