Graduate Dean's Travel Award
Through the Graduate Dean’s Travel Award (GDTA), the Graduate College works in partnership with units to promote graduate education characterized by diversity in views, experiences, and ideas in the pursuit of research, scholarship, and creative excellence. By assisting applicants with the costs of travel to Kent for campus interviews and visits, this award seeks to enhance Kent State University’s recruitment of academically excellent students with diverse backgrounds.
GDTAs are offered at two levels ($400 and $200), depending on cost of travel.
GDTAs are awarded to programs for specific applicants and are not transferable to other applicants.
The nominations must be approved before the visit.
To be eligible, a nominee must be:
- An applicant to a master's or doctoral degree program. Current students and applicants to non-degree, guest and certificate programs are not eligible;
- A U.S. citizen (or national) or a permanent resident of the U.S; and
- A member of an underrepresented group in their discipline (e.g., women in traditionally male-dominated disciplines, McNair Scholars, individuals with disabilities, ethnic/racial minorities).
- Nominations are submitted by the academic program and must provide a brief description of how the applicant would contribute to the diversity of the discipline (i.e., the field of study and not the KSU program), along with an estimated budget for the visit to campus (including meals, lodging, and/or transportation expenses).
- Nominations are now being accepted.
- Please submit a completed nomination form to the Graduate College at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, fellowship, graduate assistantship, tuition waiver or any other award, your current financial aid offer, including student loans, could be reduced. If you would like to know how your financial aid offer may be affected by another award, please contact One Stop for Student Services for assistance. To learn more about taxes on scholarships and fellowships, visit the Tax and Treasury Services webpage.