AFSCME Perfect Attendance Program
Article 28 Sick Leave – Section P
A Perfect Attendance Program
During the 2020 negotiations between AFSCME Local 153, Ohio Council 8 and Kent State University, a Perfect Attendance Program was agreed upon. Below you will find information regarding the program and a link to complete the form.
1. How to Qualify:
KSU’s Perfect Attendance Program rewards eligible AFSCME Local 153 full time bargaining unit members who have not been absent due to the following for any given quarter within a calendar year:
- Sick Leave (other than scheduled in advance – minimum of 24 hours’ notice).
- Compensatory time or vacation leave used in lieu of sick leave (a person who has used all of their sick time and now must use compensatory time or vacation leave are not eligible).
- Absent without pay leave.
- Disciplinary time off.
2. Definition of Calendar Year:
For bargaining unit members that participate in the Perfect Attendance Program, the applicable calendar year base periods are as follows:
- First quarter: January 1 through March 31
- Second quarter: April 1 through June 30
- Third quarter: July 1 through September 30
- Fourth quarter: October 1 through December 31
Full time Bargaining Unit members, who have submitted the appropriate request form for the previous quarter’s Perfect Attendance award and who have met the criteria are eligible for Perfect Attendance rewards. The reward is $50 per qualifying quarter for a maximum of $200 per calendar year.
4. The reward can be requested two ways:
- Complete the online AFSCME Perfect Attendance Request Form.
- To request a paper copy of the AFSCME Perfect Attendance Request Form, please call Karen Watson at (330) 672-4636.
If you have any questions, please call Karen Watson at (330) 672-4636, Janine Bogden at (330) 672-8526, or Norman Karam at (330) 672-8334.