4 - 06.1
Administrative policy regarding sales
- "Sales" is defined to mean the activity of exchanging a product or service in return for money, goods, or other services.
- Sales among strictly the membership of a particular registered student organization or university department by that group or university department do not fall within the purview of this rule.
- It is the responsibility of the vice president for student affairs to develop operational procedures to implement this rule.
- Individuals may not sell among the general university population while on university property unless as part of a project sponsored by a registered student organization or university department.
- Sales are permitted inside buildings only from behind tables which have been previously reserved through the university scheduling office. Outdoor sales are permitted provided that free flow of traffic is not impeded. Door to door sales are expressly prohibited in residence halls and academic/administrative buildings. The sale of newspapers or other literature is permitted inside the Kent student center in common corridors consistent with rule 3342-4-03.302 of the Administrative Code.
- A member of the sponsoring organization or university department must be present at the sale site at all times. Members of student organizations and university departments directing or participating in the sale must be currently registered for classes or be employed by the university.
- The sale of food and ingestible products is governed by rule 3342-4-02.6 of the Administrative Code.
Policy Effective Date:
May. 30, 2017
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 10/26/1979, 12/20/1985, 6/21/1995, 5/9/1997, 3/7/2000, 6/1/2007, 3/1/2015