4 - 04.101
Operational procedures and regulations regarding use and possession of alcoholic beverages by students
- Purpose. Group events at which beer is served and which are held outside the licensed areas must be registered with the center for student involvement ("CSI") and adhere to the following procedures.
- Initial scheduling procedures.
- Information must be provided on the site, which must also be reserved with the scheduling office if it is to be held outside a residence hall, name of organization, date and time and charges, if any.
- The forms provided must be signed by a representative of the group, its advisor or residence hall staff member and a member of the CSI staff before the registration is considered complete.
- At the time of the registration, the group will be informed of its responsibilities/ limitations by a member of the CSI or residence hall staff.
A copy of this information/registration form must be displayed at the site of the event; another copy will be kept in CSI and/or the residence services office.
- For events held outdoors, the group may be required, at its expense, to have snow fencing erected. This requirement will be dependent on the location, time and number of participants expected at the event.
- Events at which an admission fee or charge for beer is made require the processing of an "F-Permit" application with the Ohio beverage commission. CSI will help the group in processing this application, for which a charge is made. At least three weeks are needed to process this application. CSI will inform the Kent State University police department of all such events registered prior to the event.
- Operational procedures for scheduling events serving beer.
- For residence hall students.
- Organization representative contacts resident director for appropriate paperwork. Three copies of the check list permit must be completed.
- Resident director discusses proposed event with student representative to insure compliance with check list items. Student representative and the resident director signs form indicating compliance with the check list including signed approval by the area coordinator and the director or residence services.
- Student representative delivers form to CSI three days prior to private party and thirty days prior to event requiring "F-Permit."
- If beer is to be sold or admission charged at the door, an "F-Permit" is required. The application for such a permit may be obtained at CSI. This application should be completed, signed by the resident director and the area coordinator, and returned to CSI thirty days prior to the event to insure processing in time for the event.
- The department of residence services will contact the university police informing them of the event. This will normally be done by forwarding a copy of the check list permit to the university police department.
- For organizations other than residence hall groups.
- Organization representative contact CSI for appropriate paperwork. Three copies of the check list permit must be filled out.
- Organization representative discusses proposed event with faculty advisor to insure compliance with check list items. Faculty advisor signs form giving his/her indication that compliance with check list will be made.
- Student representative returns check list to CSI three days prior to private party and thirty days prior to event requiring "F-Permit."
- If beer is to be sold or admission is to be charged at the door, an "F-Permit" is required. The application for such a permit may be obtained at the office of campus life. This application should be completed and returned to the office of campus life thirty days prior to event to insure processing in time for event. CSI will forward this application to the appropriate state office.
- CSI will contact university police informing them of event. This will normally be done by forwarding a copy of the check list permit to the university police department.
- For residence hall students.
Policy Effective Date:
Mar. 01, 2015
Policy Prior Effective Dates:11/4/1977, 4/30/1982, 11/22/1982, 6/5/1995, 9/26/2005, 6/1/2007, 9/26/2005