New Graduate Assistant
Getting started with the employment process:
- Schedule an appointment to have your employment eligibility confirmed using the Academic Personnel I-9 calendar
- It is very important that you bring your unexpired documents which show both identity and employment authorization. Please review the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 and the List of Acceptable Documents before you arrive for your appointment.
- New hire forms will be sent to your email via DocuSign, the platform Kent State Uses to capture electronic signatures for new hire documents. A confirmation email will be sent after all documents have been completed. Please note, the new hire process is not final, until you visit Academic Personnel in person.
- Review your options for participation in a retirement plan (Graduate Assistant Retirement Information)
- Please enroll in (Direct Deposit), the process by which the university deposits your paycheck directly into your checking or savings account.
- Tax information is available through (Taxation).
If you have any questions, please contact Academic_Personnel@kent.edu or by call 330-672-8717.
- Request for Additional Employment (FlashLine)
- Role and Status of Graduate Student Appointees
- Guide to Graduate Education 2019-20 download the full guide here.
- Membership in OPERS for College Students
- Information on Graduate Assistantships