Celebrating 50 Years of Title IX
Kent State will honor and commemorate the 50th anniversary of Title IX legislation with a year-long celebration, highlighting the success and impact of women's athletics at Kent State University.Learn More
Title IX Sexual Harassment
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs or activities operated by recipients of federal financial assistance (such as Kent State). The Title IX law requires that no person in the United States, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. Prohibited conduct includes any form of gender-based discrimination defined as sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking. Title IX's sexual harassment prohibitions apply to all students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Report a Concern
The Interim Title IX Coordinator for Kent State University is:
Richantae Johnson, J.D.
To report a concern, email email@example.com.
External inquiries can be made to:
Office for Civil Rights
US Department of Education
1350 Euclid Avenue, Suite 325
Cleveland, OH 44115
Title IX News and Updates
- Policy and Title IX Update – November 2021 – Changes to the administrative policy regarding complaints of Title IX sexual harassment.
- Title IX Update – August 2021. Letter from the U.S. Department of Education announcing immediate changes to Title IX live hearings.
- Title IX Update – June 2021. Announcement to the university community of Gender Equity and Title IX Restructure to Student Affairs.
- Title IX Update – April 2021. U.S. Department of Education issues new Title IX regulations effective August 14, 2020.
- Title IX Update – August 2020