Title IX Report an Incident/File a Complaint

At Kent State University, we believe it’s important that individuals are made aware of their rights and all of their options so that they can make decisions for themselves. An individual who has experienced gender/sexual discrimination and harassment is the person best positioned to determine which options will help them feel safe, supported and able to heal. This may include requesting a formal investigation and sometimes it does not. 

If you believe you have experienced gender/sexual discrimination and harassment (i.e., gender discrimination, gender/sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, stalking and intimate partner violence), contact any of the following: 


Title IX Report Form


Title IX Coordinator – Richantae Johnson
Kent State Student Center Suite 250

Office of Gender Equity & Title IX
Kent State Student Center Suite 250

With the Police

You have the right to file a report with law enforcement as well as the University. You can file a criminal complaint with the University Police Department or local police department, depending on where the incident took place.

Protection Orders

An order of protection (protection order) is a temporary order intended to help provide safety and protection to victims of certain crimes.