- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Academic Quality Improvement Project (AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
What is Flash ALERTS?
Flash ALERTS is Kent State’s official emergency text notification system to alert subscribers of critical information no matter what time it is or where they are in the world. Flash ALERTS expands the university's ability to send critical news and information to the university community during campus emergencies.
The subscriber-only service allows students, faculty and staff to sign up to receive urgent notification on a text-enabled mobile phone or device. Sign up is simple—just use your FlashLine username and password. Begin the step-by-step subscription process. Then verify your phone to receive Flash ALERTS. You are able to access the system anytime to update your mobile number or add a parent to receive the alerts. Each subscriber can include up to five contact numbers as a Flash ALERTS recipient.
Note: In order to receive text alerts, make sure that your cellphone number has been added to your account and has been confirmed. Please be aware that older phones may not work due to limitations by your cellphone provider.
How does it work?
During a campus emergency situation, Flash ALERTS will send you a message delivering critical information. Flash ALERTS will be an enhancement to the several existing communications tools used by the university to reach students, faculty and staff, including the Kent State home page, alert monitor system, broadcast email alerts, broadcast voicemail messages and public media outlets.
Who will receive Flash ALERTS?
In the event of a university closing or emergency, Flash ALERTS will be sent to all subscribers. The message will include information about the specific situation, as well as an indication of which Kent State campus is impacted.
Note: Students may designate their parents as recipients by logging in and adding a parent or parent's mobile device number.
What if I want to stop receiving Flash ALERTS?
There are two ways to stop receiving Flash ALERTS:
- Text "STOP" to either 67283 or 226787 from your registered mobile phone. You will no longer receive messages.
- Log in to your Flash ALERTS account
- Click on the My Channels tab
- Under Alert Me By select No as your message delivery preference
Subscribing to Flash ALERTS is simple and easy: just use your FlashLine username and password. If you need additional assistance, please contact the 24/7 Technology Help Line at 330-672-HELP (4357).