|Address||181 Schwartz Center, Kent, Ohio 44242|
Center for Adult and Veteran Services Team
Executive Director of the Center for Adult and Veteran Services
email@example.com | 330-672-0510
A two-time Kent State alumnus, his master's degree is in Higher Education Administration. Starting as a student worker and graduate assistant, Josh has advanced through a number of appointments at KSU including positions as a financial aid counselor and GI Bill® School Certifying Official before his role leading the CAVS office. He is a graduate of Leadership Portage County class 2017 and also serves on the MainStreet Kent Board of Directors.
His supervisory portfolio includes:
- Leading all functions of the CAVS office
- Creating federal and state GI Bill® compliance and education initiatives for all university campuses
- Developing multi-year strategic plans for the Division of Student Affairs and regional campus engagement
- Heading committees and working groups for increasing inter-divisional efficiencies
Associate Director and VA Certifying Official
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-8586
Holding a master's degree in Higher Education Administration from Kent State, Sarah previously worked in academic advising, financial aid, and compliance roles at the Trumbull regional campus. In addition, she has experience in private sector work with scholastic testing instruments.
Her responsibilities include:
- Leading university compliance with all GI Bill® programs
- Chairing the Parenting Student Task Force
- Integrating departmental goals with student-oriented events, initiatives, programs, and services
- Supervision of the office VA work-study student team
A member of the Kent State Institute for Excellence class of 2012, Scott has had roles supporting student success at both the Kent Student Center and The University of Akron. Prior to launching his career in higher education with a master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, he held a variety of production scheduling, inventory control, and purchasing positions in the manufacturing and banking industries.
His primary duties include:
- Handling GI Bill® federal compliance for National Guard members and Reservists
- Creating programs for adult learners, veterans, and parenting students
- Developing departmental marketing, communications, and social media strategies
- Supervision of graduate assistants
Nate received his master's degree in Higher Education Administration from Kent State University and has experience certifying VA benefits in addition to work with financial aid and registrar functions.
His primary duties include:
- Assisting with certifying benefits for veterans, servicemembers, and dependents
Graduate Assistant for Non-Traditional Students and Regional Engagement
email@example.com | 330-672-2655
Graduate Assistant for Parenting Students
firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-8587