Faculty Development Series
The Graduate College, in collaboration with the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and the Center for Teaching and Learning, is proud to share our virtual Spring 2023 Faculty Development Series on Mentoring Graduate Students.
This faculty development opportunity includes three parts:
- A virtual workshop series (see schedule below)
- An online, open-access Canvas site (resources will be added throughout the semester)
- A faculty book discussion of the text, A handbook for supporting today’s graduate students (Stylus, 2022).
We invite you to participate in all or parts of this developmental opportunity and look forward to learning with you.
Missed a session? Watch a recording on the Graduate College Kaltura Channel!
Moving Beyond Advising: My Role as a Mentor - Join us on Teams
- Date/Time: Wednesday, February 22, 2023, 12:00pm-1:30pm
- Facilitated by: Sean Veney, Biological Sciences; Heather Caldwell, Biological Sciences; Gargi Bhaduri, Fashion Design & Merchandising; Amy Fritsche, Acting and Musical Theatre
Centering Identity and Advancing Equity through Inclusive Mentoring - Join us on Teams
- Date/Time: Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 10:00am-11:30am
- Facilitated by: Martha Merrill, Higher Education Administration; Darice Polo, Drawing and Painting; Scott Sheridan, Geography; Jennifer Taber, Psychology
Managing Student Expectations: Mentoring across Contemporary Contexts - Join us on Teams
- Date/Time: Wednesday, April 26, 2023, 12:00pm-1:30pm
- Facilitated by: Na'Tasha Evans, Health Education and Promotion; Kelly Cichy, Human Development and Family Studies; J.R. Campbell, Fashion Design & Merchandising; Tim Assal, Geography
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.