What is the Kent State Peer Leader Training Course
PLTC is a 2-credit hour course instructed by current student leaders and is only offered during the spring semester.Register Today!
Become a Peer Leader!
To become eligible to be a Kent State Peer Leader, undergraduate students must enroll in and successfully complete the Training Course offered in the spring semester. Students must be at least a second-semester freshman at the start of the spring semester Training Course and have completed the UC 10097 Destination Kent State FYE Course. Students of any major are welcome. Students will select one section and register for UC 20201 through Flashline.
The successful completion of the Peer Leader Training Course does not guarantee a position. Applications, interviews, and the pairing process will occur during the semester.
Upon Successful Completion of the Peer Leader Training Course You Will:
- Become eligible to apply for a variety of leadership positions.
- Gain transferable skills that will elevate your academic and professional career goals.
- Build community with your peers and have fun!
How to Register for the Course:
You can select and register for a section of the Peer Leader Training Course in Flashline.
Campus: Kent Campus (KC)
Subject: University College (UC)
Course Number: 20201
- Multiple sections available
- All majors and years are welcome!
- UC 20201 is only offered in the Spring Semester
If you have questions about adding Peer Leader Training to your spring semester course schedule, contact your academic advisor for help.