Commencement for Students
Online Checklist for Graduation and Commencement
- Apply to Graduate
- Review your personal information and update if needed:
- Name: Please be sure that your name is listed properly, as this is how it will be announced and listed in the commencement program.
- Diploma Mailing Address: Please be sure to update your diploma mailing address to ensure that you receive your diploma.
- Remove a Student Directory Restriction
- RSVP: September 1 - October 6
- Each graduate who RSVP's their attendance will be allocated 4 guest tickets, cross the stage, and have their name announced.
- Reach out to email@example.com if you have missed the window to RSVP through Flashline.
- Click Here to Download Tickets
- Sign In as Student / Faculty / Staff.
- Use FlashLine credentials to complete login.
- Select Commencement Student Tickets
- Select Find Tickets under Commencement Student Tickets.
- Continue to follow the prompts to place your ticket order.
- Tickets cannot be printed on-site.
- If you need assistance, contact the Office of University Events and Protocol immediately. Office staff will not be available on event day to assist with ticket downloads.
- All guests 2 and older must have a guest ticket for entry into the ceremony venue.
Cap, Gown and Graduation Materials
- Visit the University Bookstore during normal business hours to purchase your regalia and take it home the same day (doctoral rentals and fine-quality purchases require an order). Reach out to the bookstore via email at SM8152@bncollege.com with any questions.
Deadline to purchase fine quality gowns, including doctoral with guaranteed delivery is October 20.
- Deadline to place orders for doctoral rental gowns with guaranteed delivery is November 3. Payment for rentals is not due until the order is picked up.
IN-PERSON CEREMONY PARTICIPATION INFO
- All of the in-person commencement ceremonies will be live-streamed.
- ADA Accommodations: Contact University Events and Protocol at firstname.lastname@example.org if you will need assistance with ADA accessibility at the ceremonies.
- Ceremony Reporting details will be sent to graduates' Kent State emails prior to the ceremonies.
After the Ceremony
- Check your student account balance
- Complete Student Financial Aid Exit Loan Counseling
- Unsubscribe to FlashAlerts
- Participate in Alumni Events and Programs
- Continue your education with Kent State Online Graduate Degree Programs.
- View your Commencement Ceremony Online
- View your Commencement Photos Online
- Is there an instructor who motivated or helped you become engaged and responsible as a university student? If so, take a moment to say thank you.
The Office of the University Registrar has partnered with Parchment Inc. to improve the diploma fulfillment process for graduates of Kent State University. Upon final degree approval, the Fall 2023 graduate’s diplomas will be fulfilled by Parchment.
- Your digital diploma will arrive approximately 4-5 weeks after commencement. Watch for an email notification.
- Notification will be sent to your Kent State email.
- Follow the link to set up your Parchment Digital credentials account.
- Share and Download your digital diploma as many times as you like.
- Paper diplomas will be mailed separately to your permanent address on file 7-10 days after you receive your digital diploma.
To verify a diploma or permanent address:
- Visit Flashline
- Select the Student category
- Select Dashboard
- Select My Personal Information located under Profile
Contact the Office of the University Registrar directly at email@example.com with any diploma questions.