Information for Faculty
An ELR designated course is one that meets ELR standards after review and approval. Faculty can apply for course or section designation through the following process:
- Discuss interests with your chair/dean. Learn more about the ELR in the University Catalog entry.
- Complete the application and route for approval
- Follow the curricular process to obtain institutional approval of the course.
Faculty Role in Acting as a Faculty Supervisor
When a student chooses to complete the ELR through the Non-Course Activity or Plus-1 Credit Course options, they must secure a faculty supervisor. Their role is to do the following:
- Approve the experiential learning activity and/or assignment through the electronic application system
- Assist the student in developing learning outcomes for their activity/assignment
- Monitor their progress to completion
- Collect their Reflective Assignment
- Sign the completion form through the electronic application system