ESDRI's fellows are an academic and research-minded group of undergraduate students, and – although we come from diverse backgrounds and have many different majors – we agree that the environment is the thread that connects all of our interests. We typically meet a few times per semester, with opportunities for extracurricular events too, such as community engagement or service projects. The ESDRI fellows at Kent State University constantly strive to lead by example. One of our goals is to foster change by drawing from robust, well-informed science or extrapolating on the research ourselves. We shape the future by impressing upon the up-and-coming generation of advocates and connecting them with faculty that are well-versed in environmental topics. We hope to meet you soon!
- Eligibility for research funding
- Website and symposium acknowledgement(s)
- Research and/or professional advising
- Meet other like-minded students and faculty
- Assistance with research placement
- Stay in the loop with environmentally focused information
- Add this service and the skills you build to your resumé
Expectations for fellows (reported annually):
- Participate in at least one ESDRI event per semester; summer term is optional
- Enroll in at least one environmental related course per semester
- Attend the Fellows Program meeting that we have once in fall and spring term.
- For upperclassmen: present research at a university symposium or conference once per academic year
- For upperclassmen: guide underclassmen scholars via mentoring, posting news, community service, writing blogs, etc.
Any current undergraduate student at Kent State University. We enjoy working with students across the campuses and all majors/minors.
- Accepted year-round
- Approximately 10 minutes to complete