Student Leadership Consultants
The Student Leadership Consultant (SLC) experience is a peer education leadership program that provides participants with intensive leadership education and training. SLCs facilitate workshops, provide individualized leadership consulting, and serve as an advisory board for the Kent Student Center & Involvement leadership portfolio. SLCs staff the Leadership Center as well as ongoing leadership programs throughout the academic year.
Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Facilitate student learning and reflection on leadership practices, theories, concepts, and topics.
- Design learner-centered educational materials and facilitation activities used in leadership trainings including team-building activities and interactive workshops on various topics: goal setting, values clarification, emotional intelligence, communication, conflict management, personality assessments, and many more.
- Provide workshops and consultations by request for registered student organizations and departments.
- Serve as a resource to connect students to leadership opportunities and assist them in developing individualized action plans.
- Serve as peer facilitators for KENTtalks program.
- Present select workshops at the annual Student Leadership Institute.
- Assist in the administrative components of the program as assigned (create, distribute, and collect program assessments; research and update existing program content and information; develop publicity and marketing strategies).
- Assist with the annual Leadership Awards (assist with planning, serve as judges & hosts).
- Provide excellent customer service as ambassadors for the Leadership Center.
Are you interested in applying to be an SLC? Applications can be accessed below from Monday, 4/4/22, through Wednesday, 4/13/22.