Disability Permits for Faculty/Staff

Persons with a temporary or permanent disability who require special parking consideration must obtain a state-issued disability placard as well as a valid Kent State University disability parking permit (Kent State University policy 4-08.1). Persons with a short-term disability (one month or less) can obtain a temporary disability parking permit.

The purpose of this policy is to help identify where disability spaces are needed, regulate the use of these spaces to ensure they are available for those who need them, and to discourage abuse by people using a state placard issued to another person.

There are two types of disability permits that are issued by Parking Services:

Disability Permit

To purchase a Kent State University disability permit you will be required to bring your state-issued disability placard, the registration for the placard and a valid picture ID to Parking Services. Prices for disability permits are equal to the current faculty/staff or maximum student permit rates.  View Kent State University disability permit regulations.

Your state-issued placard information will be placed on file in Parking Services until it expires. When the placard expires, a copy of the new registration and placard will be required in order to update your file.

State–issued disability placards are available from each state's Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Information and applications for Ohio disability placards can be found at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

The closest BMV's to Kent State are:

  • Agency #7777
    3039 Graham Rd.
    Stow, OH 44224
  • Agency#6710
    444 S. Meridian St.
    Ravenna, OH 44266

Temporary "Lot" Disability Permit

Individuals requesting temporary disability parking for one month or less must have their physician complete and fax this Temporary Disability Permit Application (PDF) to Parking Services at 330-672-4034.

Once the form is received from the physician, a temporary permit will be issued for a maximum of four weeks. Current permit holders may be charged an upgrade fee for the temporary permit based on their current permit value. Those who do not have a current permit will be charged the faculty/staff or student permit rate.