You may only register yourself and your legal dependents for programs.
Members who qualify for any discounted rate must register in-person at the Member Services Desk and present proper ID to receive the discount.
- In person at the Member Services Desk
- Phone by calling 330-672-4732: Must pay with a credit card.
- Online at www.recservices.kent.edu: Most programs are available through our online portal which requires a username and password (Flashline credentials or create an account).
- Most programs are open to everyone, unless otherwise noted (exceptions are intramural sports and sport clubs).
- SRWC members and Kent State students receive discounted rates on all programs and activities. Please note: To receive the discounted member rate for a program, you must be a member for the duration of the program. If your facility membership expires midway through a program, you will have the option of renewing your membership or paying the additional non-member fee.
- A photo ID is required when registering for a program and all participants with passes (when applicable) must present photo ID and pass when entering each class session. Sharing of passes is not allowed.
- Group X class participants must be 16 years old or over to participate.
- Instructional fitness class participants must be 13 years old or over and have a parent/legal guardian registered in the same class.
- In order to participate in advanced level classes, you must have taken the required prerequisites.
- Participants cannot make up missed classes by attending other classes. Transfers to other classes are not permitted.
- Some programs (i.e., adventure trips and intramural sports) have pre-program meetings that are required to be eligible for the activity.
- Payment and participation in a certification course does not guarantee certification. All skills must be successfully completed in order to gain certification.
- Participants should meet at the designated area to begin class. Classes will start promptly at the scheduled time.
- Participants enrolled in First Aid/CPR/AED classes or Group X classes who are more than 10 minutes late will not be permitted to enter the class.
All participants are encouraged to consult with a physician before beginning any new exercise program. A physician’s clearance may be required before registering for some programs.
Non-member Program Entry
Non-members may register for most of the programs offered. After registering, non-members will check in at the Member Services Desk with a photo ID to gain access to their program area. A photo ID must be presented upon each visit.
Program Cancellation & Facility Closures
- Program dates, times, locations and instructors are subject to change. Schedule changes will be posted in the activity area and on our website.
- We reserve the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment.
- If a program is cancelled by the department for any reason, all participants will receive a full refund and all participants will be contacted at least 24 hours prior in advance.
- Some programs will operate on abbreviated schedules during university break periods and holidays.
- For Kent Campus closures or delays as well as class cancellations or delays, all programs are cancelled during the same time period excluding individually scheduled appointments.
- During inclement weather for intramural sports games, Intramural staff will notify participants through their IMleagues.com email addresses or text messages. Team captains and participants are responsible for checking their messages. Inclement weather decisions will be made by:
- 3 p.m. for inclement weather throughout the day.
- Staff on-site for inclement weather that occurs after games have begun.
- For Adventure Center outdoor activities, we reserve the right to utilize comparable, alternative locations and, if necessary, to adjust start and end times in order to ensure safety and maximize the participant experience. Any changes will be covered in the mandatory pre-trip meetings.ms are cancelled anytime the Kent Campus cancels classes. For weather-related cancellations when class is in session, the decision is made, when possible, by 4 p.m. on the day of the program. Please call to find out if a game is cancelled. Most other activities and events will take place at the SRWC as scheduled even when school is closed. Please check our website for full details when applicable.
- By their nature, activities that take place in outdoor settings tend to be affected by weather. In order to ensure safety and maximize the participant experience, we reserve the right to utilize comparable, alternative locations and, if necessary, to adjust start and end times. These changes, if any, will be covered in the mandatory pre-trip meetings.
Waiting lists are created for all programs that are full and no payment is required at that time. All participants will be contacted to verify enrollment prior to the start of program. If space opens up for the class, participants will be contacted in the order in which they were placed on the waiting list.
- Full refunds are given for any program cancelled by Recreation and Wellness Services.
- Please allow two weeks for processing refunds.
- No refunds are given for cancellation by participants.
- No refunds are given for unlimited, punch, or Group X passes.
- All no-show appointments (fitness assessments, etc) will be billed the full amount.