RecWell Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
RecWell Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategic Plan
This university-wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Strategic Planning Guide will assist Kent State University in creating a unit-specific diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan. These Strategic Plans will address excellence in equity, diversity and inclusion and will detail the specific efforts of each unit as Kent State works towards making our campuses more diverse, equitable and inclusive.
Recreation and Wellness Services is responsible for overseeing a high quality, robust and collaborative planning process that results in a 4-year Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategic Plan to include all of the following key stakeholders—students, staff, faculty and alumni. This plan will support Kent State's organizational learning, build individual and organizational capacity and create a formal organizational structure to support change.
- aspirational and tied to the University Priorities identified in the Kent State Strategic Roadmap
- specific and supported by measurable goals and outcomes
- consistent with the wide range of programs, initiatives, research, curricula and cocurricular engagement that occurs throughout the university system.
Plan Objectives and Goals
- Selection and Hiring
- Retention, Belonging and Climate
- Promotion and Professional Development
- Enhancing Expertise and Capacity Building in the area of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Sense of Belonging Survey
- Listening Sessions
- Current Amenities and Services
- Review of Policies and Procedures