Staff Awards and Recognitions
Congratulations to the following RecWell staff for the following awards and recognition.
|2019-20||Trent Bontrager, Tanner Bontrager and Anthony Lijewski
(Fitness & Wellness)
(Aquatics and SRC VP)
Career Exploration & Development 2023 Student Employee Awards Banquet
- Brooke Schwerha (Operations): "Change Maker Award" in recognition of her impact as a distinguished disrupter to create positive change through her work.
- Jenna Gilbreath (Adventure Center): "Excellence in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Award" in recognition of her awareness, attitude, and ability to equitably engage and include people from diverse backgrounds in her work.
- Owen Dame (Adventure Center): "Sunshine and Positivity Award" in recognition of his positivity, kindness, and dedication to act in the interest of his workplace and community.
- Chris Lukas: "Outstanding Supervisor Award" in recognition of his mentorship, leadership, and commitment to respect, trust, and student development in the workplace.
Departmental Awards of the Year 2022-23
- Emerging Leader Award:
- Stephen Connor (Ice Arena)
- Mary Nern (Kent State of Well-being)
- Payton Schramski (Operations)
- Taylor Smith (Guest Services)
- Creative Innovator Award: Kennedy White (Adventure Center)
- Ray of Sunshine Award: Annie Perrotta (Fitness & Wellness)
- Student Ambassador Award: Alexis Reed (Adventure Center, SRC President)
- Student Employee of the Year:
- Bhargav Doddala (Fitness & Wellness)
- Erin Stock (Aquatics & SRC Vice President)
- Unsung Hero Award (Professional Staff):
- Gautam Gupta (Lead IT Support Analyst)
- Jan Rader (Accounting Specialist)
Area Student Employees of the Year 2022-23
- Adventure Center: Owen Dame & Owen Seeger Destino
- Aquatics: Seema Dhaher
- Fitness & Wellness: Taryn Hilty
- Guest Services: Keval Patel
- Intramural Sports: Dhruv Nakhwa
- Ice Arena: Olivia Atkinson
- Kent State of Well-being: Rachel Cochran
- Marketing: Ciera Davis
- Operations: Brooke Schwerha