Compensation is committed to a distinctive Kent State through the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs and practices that attract, retain, and develop a diverse workforce in support of the university's mission.
The Compensation unit of HR is responsible for the management of pay policies and programs for all university employees except faculty. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Pay plans
- Job evaluation plans
- Compensation policies and procedures
- Wage and salary data and trends
- Wage and salary surveys
- Evaluating newly-created positions
- Evaluating and auditing existing positions
- Defending classification decisions through appeals processes
- Serving as an informational resource to the university community on compensation issues
If you have a question about the pay practices for your department, you are encouraged to talk with your supervisor.
Compensation | Heer Hall | 330-672-8668 | firstname.lastname@example.org