Access Kuali E-Protocol to complete an application. (Level I, Level II/III, and IRB Authorization applications.)
ANTICIPATE SLOWER IRB REVIEW PERIODS JULY 22-AUGUST 1.
IRB Help Resources
Information on levels of review - review this document to learn about levels and categories of IRB review.
Common mistakes and questions - this has been newly cross posted from the IRB help page.
Kuali Help documents:
- Brown bag demonstration/training video (1 hour)
- Creating a new protocol
- Creating an amendment
- Responding to IRB comments
- Additional Actions
- I received a "validation error" when I clicked the submit button. What does this mean?
- Validation errors indicate a required field is blank. Errors can be found by scrolling through the application and looking for red text. A protocol cannot be submitted until any validation errors are addressed.
- My project was approved through the old paper process. Do I need to resubmit via Kuali?
- No! We will use a legacy process for already approved studies. You will continue to submit amendments, continuing reviews, and adverse events/noncompliance forms to email@example.com.
- CITI certificates are not automatically uploading.
- Self-determinations, are they changed?
- No. "Do I need review determination" and "Exempt Self-Determination" are unchanged.
- A KSU affiliated researchers' name is not auto populating or cannot log in.
- Kuali pulls data from Banner so their identity must not be drawing from Banner. Add the personnel manually and upload their CITI certificate.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of these instances.
- Are appendices still required?
- Yes, but we are actively retiring the most frequently used appendices.
- You will also need to upload surveys, consent forms, recruitment materials, any any other documents that may be needed by the IRB.