IRB Help, Processes, and Approval Timelines
The following resources contain information on KSU Policies, Common Mistakes and Questions, the IRB Process and more. We encourage you to review these resources to learn more about human subjects protections, processes, and approval timelines. If you need help don't ever hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call 330-672-2704.
Kent State University FAQs and Policies:
- IRB Member Checklists offer an insight into what IRB reviewers may be looking for when reviewing an application.
- Common mistakes and questions
This SAMPLE IRB application (Expedited/Level II Example) is provided for educational purposes and to help guide investigators when developing their own application. We cannot guarantee the use of the language in these samples will be accepted by the Board because each project is unique and different ethical or regulatory elements may apply. The form comments on the right hand column include useful information that you can consider when creating your own application.
- Approval timelines
- Submission Process
- IRB Basics - defines human subjects research and provides basic information on exempt research as well as consent, common IRB comments, and tips on completing an application.
- Note: submission processes have changed - see the IRB forms page for more ifnormation.
- Overview of Process - provides a basic overview of the KSU process
- Note: levels of review and submissions processes have changed - see the IRB forms page for more ifnormation.
- Revised Common Rule Webinar - provides information related the "2018" common rule.
- Brown Bag: Kuali IRB Application
- Brown Bag: Public Records - HIPAA - FERPA