Are the same students always answering your questions? In this workshop, you will experience the quick 3-5 minute technique that
engages all students. It not only provides a check on student understanding for you, it helps decrease student anxiety related to responding in class. We will also provide you with the keys to success related to Think-Pair-Share, example prompts, and give you time to start designing your own Think-Pair-Share prompts.
Workshops in a Flash
We have over two dozen offerings to choose from - or request a different topic. Invite us to a meeting for a quick introduction to evidence-based instruction. See below for more information.
Workshops in a Flash
Workshops in a Flash are 15 minute mobile mini-workshops, facilitated by CTL staff. They are designed to be delivered to groups of instructors during informal gatherings or departmental meetings. Workshops in a Flash are meant to start exploration of a chosen topic with continued support from the Center as requested.
Each workshop provides:
- An introduction to an evidence-based practice
- Potential reasons instructors might incorporate the technique in their course
- Examples of how the technique can be implemented
- An opportunity to apply the technique to their course
Note: If you have 30 minutes, please choose two topics of interest. Any of these topics can be expanded to a 60 minute workshop where faculty develop specific elements for their classes.
Request a Workshop in a Flash
Newly Developed Topics
- Helping Students Transition Back to In-Person Learning
- Inclusive Teaching Overview
- Building a Sense of Belonging in the Classroom: Community Agreements
- It's in the Syllabus: Strategies to Engage Students in the Syllabus
- Addressing Difficult Conversations Using Open the Front Door Method
- Strategies for Holding Students Accountable in the Hybrid Environment
- Successful Small Groupwork: Considerations for the Hybrid Environment
- Engage Students Meaningfully in Discussions: Hybrid Environment
- Engage Students in Collaborative Work Across Face-to-Face and Asynchronous Environments
- Virtual Office Hours for All Courses
- Gettings Students to Tune-in & Stay Attentive: Strategies for Quick Check-ins with Students