Consultation – Assessment – Referral – Education
Kent State University’s Care Teams are cross-divisional crisis management committees that collaboratively assess and coordinate a response to students identified as reasonably posing a potential threat to self, others, or the University community.
If your concern needs to be addressed immediately and cannot wait 48 hours, call 911 for medical emergencies or the 24-hour crisis hotline at 330-392-1100 or call or text the 24-hour suicide hotline at 988. You can also text "HOPELINE" to 741741.
The CARE Team addresses the following:
- Suicidal behavior
- Emotional instability
- Threats of harm to others
- Severe drug or alcohol-related behavior
How do I make a referral to the CARE Team?
Submit an Online CARE Referral Form using the form below. When this form is completed, please fill in as much information and detail as possible, as this will assist the CARE Team in evaluating the referral properly.
Submit an Online CARE Referral Form
Examples of concerning behavior can include, but are not limited to:
- Erratic behavior that is distracting and/or disruptive to the learning environment, in the classroom or elsewhere on campus (including online activities)
- Violations of personal space both physically and via communications
- Implied or direct threat of harm to themselves or others
- The display of, or suggestive talk about, what is thought to be a weapon or something to be used for harm or disruption
- Physical or verbal confrontation or discomforting statements
- Stalking or harassment behavior towards a faculty member or student
- Threatening, aggressive or hostile communications (verbal and/or electronic)
- Clearly noticeable changes in behavior, demeanor, dress, or personality from what was previously as “typical” for that individual