Events & Room Reservations
Policy and Guidelines for Facility Reservations
Kent State University at Geauga and the Twinsburg Academic Center have several on-campus spaces available for use by student organizations, campus administration, and community groups. Please remember that it is your responsibility to set up before and clean up after your event.
How to Make Your Reservation Request:
The process is the same at both locations.
- Complete the Room Reservation Form
- If you are a community organization, business, or community member, you will need to complete the Facility Use Agreement before your request is considered.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your request has been approved.
Can I Have Food at My Event?
You can have food at your event. On the Event Management Form, there is a place to give specific information on food delivery or catering.
How Do I Reserve a Room?
You must fill out the Room Reservation Form and the Facility Use Agreement* to submit your reservation request. A reservation should not be considered confirmed until the Events Team approves the room request and you receive confirmation.
*Note - Kent State employee-hosted events do not require a Facility Use Agreement.
- No sales or solicitations are permitted.
- No admission fees can be charged for meetings or events within the facility or on the grounds.
Restrictions for Use
- Events may only be held during the posted building hours. Building hours change every semester based on the class schedule. Events must end 30 minutes prior to the posted building closing time to allow for cleaning and security checks.
- Furniture in classrooms and common areas must be returned to its proper arrangement by the event organizers. If help is required, please state this on the Room Reservation Form.
- After the event concludes, the person who reserved the room is responsible for returning the room to how it was originally set up.
- Buildings may not be available at certain dates or times based on sustainability measures or for maintenance upgrades.
Guidelines for set-up, tear-down, and transition times
- Below 50 attendees expected: allow 30 minutes set-up time.
- 50-100 attendees expected: allow 1 hour set-up time.
- 100 plus attendees expected: handle on a case by case basis. Please inquire.
- Note: Allow at least 30 minutes tear-down or transition time after/between events if back-to-back.
Disclaimer and Liability
Kent State University Geauga Security, the Event Team, and the Facilities Management Office reserve the right to move an event, to cancel an event that disrupts the educational, research, or administrative functions of the university, and for emergency maintenance-related situations. Kent State University at Geauga is responsible for the quality of its classroom facilities and reserves the right to deny request privileges. Kent State University Geauga spaces are used at the sponsors’ own risk. Users will be held responsible for the condition of the room and all furniture and equipment within. Kent State University Geauga is not responsible for damage or loss of personal effects or personal equipment, nor injury to users or participants.
For questions or comments about room reservations, call 440-834-4187 or email us.