Ten distinct media partners make up the engine that drives Kent State Student Media forward.
Nine media partners are unique and independent student organizations, producing content for TV, radio, print magazines and newspapers, websites and social media. Together, they reach thousands of people every day, delivering original reporting, information, entertainment and advertising.
Starting "Day One" of freshman year, students can work for these independent, nationally recognized, nationally award-winning student media outlets. In doing so, students gain relevant exposure to the communication industry, strong peer and faculty relationships and opportunities to launch meaningful careers.
Visit the Student Media Website to learn more.
Explore our media partners
- The Kent Stater - The award-winning student-run newspaper, reaching more than 9,500 people per issue
- TV2 - Portage County's only local television station, which reaches more than 26,000 homes on Time Warner Cable channel 16 and more than 7,500 Kent State students on campus television channel 2-2
- KentWired.com - The shared website for The Kent Stater and TV2 KSU, featuring top news, entertainment, community and campus news, sports and video.
- Black Squirrel Radio - A student-run radio station, known for its large selection of urban, rock and local music, with 56 different student-hosted shows airing from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. everyday
- Kent State University Independent Films - Student-run production company, producing a wide variety of content including web series, short films, award-winning music videos, documentaries, TV shows, and feature length films.
- A Magazine - Kent State's publication for all things fashion, beauty and culture on campus and beyond.
- The Burr Magazine - Kent State University’s first student magazine, made by the students for the students. The Burr publishes a semesterly magazine that explores big issues and burning ideas, as well as fascinating people and the consuming preoccupations of its college audience.
- Fusion Magazine - Kent State University's LGBTQ magazine, which publishes an issue each spring and runs the website and social media channels year-round.
- Luna Negra - Kent State's literary publication, offering a blend of poetry, prose, photography and illustration.
- Uhuru - An award-winning magazine that aims to promote innovation, creativity, and culture through the voice of marginalized students on the Kent State University campus.
- Student Media Advertising and Marketing - This team of students provides marketing and advertising support to raise revenue and build audience for all of Student Media.
To learn more, please contact Kevin Dilley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-0887.