International Graduate Assistants
Getting started with the employment process:
- Visit the Office of Global Education (106 Van Campen) to complete the Social Security Employment Verification Form. You will receive a list of other documents to take to the Social Security Administration Office.
- Visit the Ravenna Social Security Administration Office (444 Enterprise Parkway, Ravenna, Ohio 44266 phone number 1-855-863-3562 or TTY: 1-800-325-0778) to submit your Social Security Employment Verification Form. Be certain to obtain a Verification of Application for a Social Security Number that includes your name from the Social Security Administration.
- Visit the Academic Personnel Office located in Heer Hall Suite 320 to finalize employment forms to include retirement (information available by viewing Graduate Assistant Retirement Information) and the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9.
- It is very important that you bring your unexpired documents which show both identity and employment authorization to Academic Personnel within three business days of your hire date. Please review Additional Documentation Requirements from the Official website of the Department of Homeland Security before you arrive to Academic Personnel.
- New hire forms will be sent to your email via DocuSign, the platform Kent State uses to capture electronic signatures for new hire documents. A confirmation email will be sent after all documents have been completed. Please note, the new hire process is not final until you visit Academic Personnel in person.
- Please enroll in Direct Deposit, the process by which the university deposits your paycheck directly into your checking or savings account.
- Make an appointment with the Payroll Office (330-672-8640, 236 Schwartz Center) to complete Federal, State, and City tax forms. Please review International Employee Information for additional information.
If you have any questions, please contact Academic_Personnel@kent.edu or by calling 330-672-8717.