FAQ's about the Undergraduate Program

Sculpture Near Kent Hall

How do I schedule an advising appointment?
How do I select a Faculty Advisor?
I’m not sure what I want to do after I graduate. I might want to work or go to graduate school. Who can give me career advice?
What is the difference between a Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in psychology?
How do I declare a major or minor in psychology?
I am a pre-med psychology major. Where can I find out additional information? Who is the best person to contact?
What kinds of research and internship/volunteer opportunities are available?
How can I fulfill my writing intensive requirement?
What is the difference between Laboratory Experience in Psychology (PSYC 41573/41574) and Undergraduate Research (PSYC 31498/41498)?
Some of the courses in psychology sound similar to courses offered in other departments. Can I substitute other courses for the psychology major or minor requirements?

Usually the answer is no. However, all course substitution requests should be directed to the Psychology Undergraduate Coordinator, Dr. Jill Folk (jfolk@kent.edu).