Phone (330) 672-2372or come into the clinic to complete a request for services
|Monday||8:00 - 6:00|
|Tuesday||8:00 - 8:00|
|Wednesday||8:00 - 5:00|
|Thursday||8:00 - 8:00|
|Friday||8:00 - 4:00|
- We do not provide emergency/walk-in services or same-day appointments.
- A therapist will call to schedule an appointment for an initial assessment and will then provide you with treatment recommendations.
- Please note that we provide counseling and assessment services only, medication is not available through the Psychological Clinic.
The Psychological Clinic prioritizes providing high quality services and ensuring that our client's needs are met. The clinic director and/or faculty supervisors review all requests for services. If they determine that the Psychological Clinic cannot effectively meet your needs or your child's/adolescent's needs, someone on our staff will contact you to let you know and will assist in providing additional referrals.
- The Psychological Clinic does not accept or bill insurance - you will be responsible for paying the fee.
- Fees may be negotiated in the cases of great financial need. Documentation of financial need may be required.
|Kent State Students||FREE|
|Kent State Faculty and Staff||$12.50|
|Children of Kent State Faculty and Staff||$5.00|
|Community Members - Child||$10.00|
|Community Members - Adult||
(or your usual co-pay, whichever is less)
- These fees apply to each therapy session.
- Although Intake generally takes 3-4 sessions, you are only asked to pay for the 1st Intake session.
- Although we do not accept insurance, if you have insurance we will copy your insurance card to document your copay.
- Those on Medicaid or disability will not be charged.
- I.Q. assessments for children: $150
- There will be no charge for assessments that are part of the research protocol.
- Comprehensive Assessments recommended by the therapist as part of therapy are the cost of one therapy session.
The clinic offers psychotherapy for:
- Individuals, both students and members of the community
We are able to provide treatment for a wide-range of disorders, including:
- Dealing with stress or traumatic events
- Behavioral issues
A wide range of psychology assessment services are available through the Psychological Clinic at Kent State. Nearly all persons obtaining services at the Clinic undergo Psychopathology and Personality Assessment. Through a combination of interview and self report questionnaires, therapists are able to identify conditions that may make it difficult to function. The information gathered from this assessment can be used to design the best form of treatment to address your unique concerns.
DIRECTIONS, PARKING, and MAP
- The clinic is located in Room 176 Kent Hall on the first floor of the building to the right of the archway.
- The closest parking lot to the clinic is the R-15 lot behind the building off Terrace Drive (enter Terrace Drive from Main Street) or the R-1 lot off of Lincoln Street (next to KSU Museum).
- We provide complimentary parking permits to our community member clients.
- We apologize, but we are not able to provide parking permits to students, faculty, and staff.
Click map below for printable view.