Senior Guest Program
The Senior Guest Program at Kent State University allows persons 60 years of age or older to audit Kent State courses tuition-free, on a space-available basis and with faculty approval.
Senior guests do not receive grades and no credit is awarded. Senior guests request to enroll in one to two courses per semester, during a designated enrollment period.
SENIOR GUEST REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Information on this page is for registration at the Stark Campus only.
- To find registration information for other Kent State campuses, visit Senior Guest Campus Contact Information.
- To be eligible, senior guests must be 60 years of age or older and have resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
- Senior guest admission to courses is by faculty approval. Ruby Groves will contact the faculty member and notify you about whether your course request has been approved.
- Senior guests enrolling in on-campus courses should review the following important safety protocols.
SENIOR GUEST FAQs POLICY & GUIDELINES
Summer I, II, III 2023 registration will be open Wednesday, May 24, at 10 a.m., through Tuesday, May 30, at 5 p.m. Summer I & II classes begin June 8. Summer III classes begin July 13. Late registrations cannot be accommodated.
Fall 2023 registration will be open Tuesday, Aug. 8, at 10 a.m., through Monday, Aug. 14, at 5 p.m. Classes begin Aug. 21. Late registrations cannot be accommodated.
- No pre-registration is required.
- Any distance learning and material fees will be billed through the Bursar's Office. Check your kent.edu email and FlashLine for your e-bill.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES
- View Schedule of Classes
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
- You must select these required fields, but can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number, if you know it:
1. Subject: at least one subject must be selected
2. Campus: Stark Campus
3. Course Level: Undergraduate
- Click Search
PRIOR TO REGISTRATION
Refer to the Schedule of Classes for course information required to complete the online registration.
Before you register, you will need these required items for the course you wish to take:
- Course Title
- Course Level - Undergraduate/Graduate
- Instructor's Name
- CRN #
- Course #
- Section #
- Course Dates
FLASHCARD - YOUR KENT STATE ID
Senior guests are eligible to receive a Kent State University FLASHcard, the preferred method of identification on campus. You can get a FLASHcard in the Office of Student Services, 132 Main Hall. Be sure to bring a photo ID with you.