Buildings and Grounds Services
UNIVERSITY FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
University Facilities Management’s mission is to maintain and enhance the buildings and grounds on the Kent Campus of Kent State University. An attractive and functional university environment is created, maintained and managed by this department. For general information regarding the services provided, contact the main switchboard via the above-listed number.
BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS SERVICES
The following services are provided by University Facilities Management:
• Energy management;
• Fleet vehicle maintenance;
• Glass repair and replacement;
• Heating and air conditioning;
• Locks and keys;
• Moving services;
• Receiving and distribution;
• Recycling collection services;
• Refuse removal;
• Snow removal from roads and sidewalks (for parking lots, call Parking Services: 24432);
• Steam distribution;
• Surplus equipment redistribution and disposal;
• Welding; and
• Zone Maintenance.
In the event of an emergency repair condition which poses immediate danger to personnel or property, such as flooding, broken windows, electrical shorts, please call 330-672-2345, the 24-hour service telephone number.