Counseling Services

KSU Counseling and Wellness Services

The faculty and staff want you to have positive experiences as you pursue your dreams.  We realize that being a student can be challenging and we offer free, confidential mental health counseling to support you during the stressful times.

Who Can Receive Free Mental Health Services?

  • Students enrolled in classes at the East Liverpool and/or Salem campuses.
  • Students who are not currently seeing a mental health counselor or will be ending their community counseling services (You may see a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner or your physician for psychiatric medication and receive KSU Counseling and Wellness Services.)

What Are Some of the Common Reasons why Students Request Counseling?

  • Anxiety 
  • Depression
  • Test Anxiety
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Time Management
  • Grief/Loss
  • Alcohol and Drug Assessment
  • Panic Attacks
  • LGBTQIA Issues
  • Family Issues

Are There Some Issues that You Will Refer a Student to Community-Based Services?

Yes.  There are certain issues that require specialized counseling.  Although you may not receive counseling through KSU Counseling and Wellness Services, I am available to provide assessment and referral to the appropriate community mental health services for:

  • Eating Disorders
  • Addictions (Alcohol, Drug, Sexual)
  • Trauma
  • Assessment for Psychiatric Medications

Who Provides the Mental Health Counseling Services?

  • A Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
  • Please note: the mental health counselor is not like your school counselor.  If you have questions about what classes are needed for your degree or about your major, please contact your academic advisor.