Destination Kent State
It’s official: you are now a Golden Flash!
As a new student on a Kent State Columbiana County campus, we look forward to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. Destination Kent State (DKS) is a great way to help you navigate your way through the first few days – and your first semester – on our campus.
DKS is a 2 hour long program that includes a presentation covering topics such as how to college, balancing priorities, smart financial planning and campus hacks. Also, be ready to explore campus.
Light refreshments will be served, and a tour of the campus will follow.
PICK FROM THE FOLLOWING CAMPUS LOCATIONS/ DATES/ AND TIMES!
|Salem||Thursday, August 10||9 a.m.|
|East Liverpool||Friday, August 11||9 a.m.|
|Salem||Thursday, August 17||1 p.m.|
We look forward to seeing you on campus! Not only will the event be informative, it will be fun. Get ready for Flash sightings, and for giveaways!!
For more information, reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is Destination Kent State required?
- While DKS is not required, it is highly recommended.
Are CCP students required to attend?
- CCP students are not required to attend; however, it is strongly encouraged! DKS is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for the upcoming school year by learning more about the technology you’ll be using and the services available to assist you during your academic journey. Salem Campus CCP students are encouraged to pick an August date.
Can I attend either DKS event?
- You can attend either campus for DKS! The content of the program will be uniform at either location, but be aware that some customization will be reflected. This could include location of specific services, staff members referenced, and of course the tour of campus.
Will I have to a chance to meet one-on-one with my advisor to discuss questions about my schedule, major, etc?
- We will not be taking appointments during DKS; however, we will have business cards with contact information, making follow up easier! Your advisor is just an email away, and we are ready to help answer any of your questions.
What if I am unable to attend any DKS?
- Please make arrangements to pick-up your DKS materials by contacting us at email@example.com.