Students are now able to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) earlier.
Complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA if you are attending Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and/or Spring 2024.
For the 2023-2024 year, apply as soon as possible if you haven't completed your FAFSA for the current academic year to be awarded. The FAFSA should be completed well before all payment deadlines to ensure funds are available to assist with your bill. The 2023-2024 academic year includes Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and Spring 2024.
BENEFITS OF COMPLETING YOUR FAFSA EARLIER
- You will be done early, and you will be more prepared for the upcoming year.
- Your financial aid will be finalized, and you can search for need-based scholarships.
- Maximize your eligibility for certain need-based programs with limited funding.
- Less stress than waiting for the last minute to file!
- Time to make more informed financial decisions!
- Be sure to use correct school codes when completing the FAFSA:
- Kent State University federal school code: 003051
- Kent State University at East Liverpool federal school code: 003056
- Kent State University at Salem federal school code: 003061
- Complete the desired scholarship application(s) and submit. Be aware of differing deadlines.
- Contact the Financial Aid office at Kent State East Liverpool or Kent State Salem at any time if you have questions.
The following table provides a summary of key dates for FAFSA completion for the current and upcoming years, and what tax information you will provide.
semester you plan to attend
you will submit this FAFSA
You can submit the FAFSA
Using income and tax information
|Summer 2023, Fall 2023, Spring 2024||2023-2024||Now||2021|
|Summer 2024, Fall 2024, Spring 2025||2024-2025||Beginning Dec. 1, 2023||2022|
- View Federal Student Aid Filling out the FAFSA Form steps
- View Federal Student Aid Completing the FAFSA Form questions and answers
- Check out our Financial Aid FAQs
- View a collection of videos to assist you and your parent(s) in completing the FAFSA, along with other additional financial aid information! This includes how to complete the FAFSA using the new myStudentAid mobile app!
- Watch our FAFSA overview to see how completing the FAFSA can help you fund your education. (This video references the 2021-2022 FAFSA)
For more information contact your campus financial aid counselor:
EAST LIVERPOOL FINANCIAL AID
- Beth Allison-Christy
SALEM FINANCIAL AID
- Angel Barcey