Returning CCP Students
New for 2023-2024: If you are interested in continuing in the CCP program for the next academic year (the academic year begins with the summer term), you will not have to reapply for admission. Instead, you will return an update form emailed to your kent.edu email account. Please check your email for more information.
Students transitioning from middle school to high school or students who have changed high schools will need to reapply. Please contact GeaugaAdmissions@kent.edu for more information.
Scheduling Summer CCP Classes
To help you schedule summer classes, we will be using KSU Advising Online. The steps for scheduling through advising.kent.edu are listed below. You will need to know your FlashLine username and password.
- Go to KSU Advising Online and log in with your Kent State FlashLine username and password.
- Select our location from the dropdown menu: "Kent State Geauga Burton and Twinsburg Academic Center."
- Select "Lookup Available Appointments" at the bottom of the screen.
- Answer the questions to route you to the appropriate staff member's calendar.
- Choose your appointment type, day, and time from the dropdown menu.
- Tell us why you made the appointment and select "Confirm Appointment."
- Note: You will receive a confirmation email at your kent.edu email upon scheduling and a reminder email prior to your appointment date. If your appointment is remote, it will also include a link to the Microsoft Teams meeting.
Note: You will receive a confirmation email upon scheduling and a reminder email prior to your appointment date.
Scheduling Fall CCP Classes
To help you schedule fall classes, we will be using our virtual drop-in advising platform. This will allow you to drop in when it’s most convenient for you without needing to make an appointment. CCP students can begin registering for fall classes on Monday, May 17th. Our Advising Office will not see CCP students for fall coursework before June 1.
For more information on and link to access our virtual drop-ins, please visit our Virtual Drop-Ins page.
Textbooks and Course Materials
CCP students should consult with their high school to determine how books and materials are to be obtained. Some high schools purchase materials on their own and some use the campus bookstore. Please do as instructed by your high school! Pay attention to your high school's deadlines and process for requesting and returning materials. Students can determine what books and materials are required for their courses by logging into FlashLine, then clicking Student>Dashboard>View or Print Schedule and Purchase Textbooks.
If your high school uses the campus bookstore, books will be available two weeks before classes begin each semester. Be sure to present your FlashCard and current course schedule when visiting the bookstore.