Students seeking admission into the College Credit Plus program must first demonstrate college readiness by meeting the state-wide College Credit Plus eligibility standards.
Effective February 13, 2022, there are now multiple ways to demonstrate college readiness:
1. Obtain a cumulative, unweighted high school grade point average of at least a 3.0
- Middle school students who have not completed any high school courses will need to use Option 2 for CCP eligibility
2. Obtain at least one remediation-free test score listed below:
|Exam||Subtest||Remediation Free Score|
|SAT||Evidence Based Reading & Writing||480|
ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER test scores, if needed for admission, must be completed before application deadline. Request your scores be sent to Kent State Stark. Kent State Stark's ACT code is 3284.
Review the information below for testing options.
- Talk with your school counselor to see if you can take the ACCUPLACER test at your school.
- Students must first have a CCP application on file before they can take any placement testing with Kent State Stark. Complete the online CCP admission application then email email@example.com for testing instructions.
- Students who wish to take courses in mathematics or take courses that have a mathematics prerequisite will also be required to complete the university’s ALEKS math placement assessment to determine college readiness in mathematics.
- Foreign language placement assessments may be required for students wishing to take foreign language classes beyond Elementary I.