Senior Guest Program
THE SENIOR GUEST PROGRAM ALLOWS OHIO RESIDENTS AGED 60 YEARS AND OLDER TO ATTEND MANY CLASSES TUITION-FREE ON A NON-CREDIT, SPACE-AVAILABLE BASIS.
Spring 2023 REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Please check back in May 2023, for more information regarding registration for Summer 2023 classes.
- No pre-registration is required.
- Any distance learning and material fees will be billed through the Bursar's Office. Check your kent.edu email and FlashLine for your e-bill.
- Many seniors attend Art, English, Geology, History, Music, Philosophy, Political Science and Psychology undergraduate classes.
- Seniors may participate in a graduate course if they meet the prerequisites for the class.
- Senior guest students are encouraged to do the assignments and to participate fully in class discussion and activities, but always at the discretion of the instructor.
- Taking exams is optional.
- Admission to courses is by faculty approval only.
- Senior guests must purchase textbooks and pay any special course and distance learning fees.
- Any distance learning and material fees will be billed through the Bursar's Office. Please check your kent.edu email and FlashLine for e-bills.
- Senior guests are encouraged to review course offerings via the link below prior to requesting registration.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES
- Go to the Course Schedules page
- Click on Searchable Schedule
- Select the Term you wish to attend
- Click the Detailed Class Search button
- You must select these required fields, but you can enter other information to narrow your search, such as Course Number if you know it
- Subject: at least one subject must be selected
- Campus: Trumbull Campus
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Click Search
Senior Guest Registration Information and Process
- This registration is for courses at the Trumbull campus only. To find registration for all other Kent State campuses, visit the Campus Contact Information page.
- Eligibility: Any person who is sixty years of age or older and who has resided in the state of Ohio for at least one year.
- Senior Guest admission to courses is by faculty approval. If seats are available in your requested course, the Office of Continuing and Distance Education will contact the faculty member and notify you about whether your course request has been approved or denied.
- Senior guests enrolling in on-campus courses should review the following important safety protocols.
- Visit the Senior Guest FAQs page for additional information.
Kent State Trumbull Student Services and Enrollment Management Office 330-675-8860