Undergraduate Student Government
I am a junior majoring in Business Management and minoring in Human Resource Management. This will be my second year as a part of the Undergraduate Student Government. I am currently an HR intern at AVI Foodsystems and a student employee on campus. I love playing games with friends, exploring new coffee shops, and spending time with my puppy in my spare time. After college, I plan to be a Human Resource Manager. I am so excited about this school year and being a part of such a great group again! I look forward to creating a fun and exciting on-campus experience at Kent State Trumbull. As always, go flashes!
I am currently a senior in psychology. I want to one-day counsel children or young adults. I can give back to the community through counseling and helping those in need. My hobbies include movies, video games, and card games. Also, I enjoy various sports, such as golf, bowling, and football. This year, I'm hoping to continue and build on the community at Kent Trumbull. Go Flashes!
Hello everyone!! My name is Nadia, and I am currently enrolled in the Kent State College of Nursing Program. Something about me is I work in the Kent Trumbull bookstore and that I am a volunteer firefighter/EMT. I love spending time with my family and going on spontaneous adventures. Also, I have the cutest little puppy, and her name is Rosebud Marie!! Hope to see you around campus this fall!! GO FLASHES!!
I am currently a sophomore pursuing my bachelor's degree in nursing, and I also enjoy participating in on-campus events, including the student focus group. I am a nontraditional student who graduated from Mathews High School in 2012. The two driving forces for pursuing my higher education, specifically nursing, were my passion for helping others during previous employment and the harsh and saddening reality brought on by the pandemic. Apart from my studies, I enjoy collecting vinyl and crystals, thrifting, and making as many memories as I can with my children. After my four years with Kent State, I plan on finding a local nursing position where I can work on my master's degree. I look forward to fulfilling my duties as treasurer along with supporting my fellow flashes and uniting student organizations. As Dolly Parton would say, "You'll never do a whole lot unless you're brave enough to try."
I am Jasmine Williams attending to achieve a degree in Business Management and Entrepreneurship. I am a returning student and single mother to a 12-year-old son. My hobbies are singing, watching movies, and spending time with my son. I chose to attend Kent Trumbull because during the first year of this pandemic, while the kids were learning remotely, my son challenged me to go back to school, get my degree and follow my dreams with him. So I chose Kent Trumbull to be close to him and show him to fight for what you want in life. I wanted to be a part of the USG because I can meet new people and also be a part of helping a lot of people succeed in their college life. Interesting fact: I am a Licensed Cosmetologist, and when I graduate with my degree in Business, I want to have my own salon.
I am a sophomore pursuing a degree in Nursing with a minor degree in psychology. After graduating, I plan to use my degree to become a traveling nurse and obtain my master’s to become an Emergency Medicine Nurse Practitioner. I am currently employed as a server for the Trumbull Country Club and also work as a tour guide for Kent Trumbull. In my spare time, I enjoy running and am a part of the Kent Trumbull Cross Country and Track team, with a particular focus on the steeplechase. I love playing piano and have recently been selected as my church’s choir director. I hope as a part of USG, I will be able to enhance our community through the involvement of the students of Kent State University at Trumbull. Go Flashes!!
I am a sophomore going into the nursing program and minoring in psych. I currently work as an employee of Mercy Health as a lab assistant. During my free time, I enjoy traveling, watching tv, playing with my animals, and spending time with my family. After college, I hope to work as a registered nurse, as well as continue my education to be a nurse practitioner. While holding a place as a chair on the USG, I hope to bring students together and help build one community.
USG - Undergraduate Student Government
USG is the undergraduate student government at Kent State University at Trumbull that enhances opportunities for involvement in the campus and community.
What does USG do?
- Allocates university funding to student organizations for educational purposes
- Acts as a voice between the administration and the student body
- Provides a variety of events for the campus
USG Advisor: Nancy Barker (email@example.com)
Meetings will take place in the Student Union
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Undergraduate Student Government
- Be enrolled in at least six credit hours at the Trumbull campus during both Fall and Spring semesters of the term of service.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Participate in an evaluation each semester with the USG advisor.
- Maintain a minimum of 3 regular office hours per week, to ensure sufficient access to constituents and university officials per individual USG member.
- Adhere to all USG rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on University committees as needed so as to ensure a balanced workload among all members.
- Participate in the Allocations process at the request of the USG Advisor.
- Attend all (leadership) training workshops and seminars, which are intended to increase proficiency and efficiency in service to one's office.
- Attend all briefings and public meetings to include USG and regular USG meetings, and any other required event(s).
- In the event of three unexcused absences, a special session shall be held to take into consideration removal from office.
- Participate in campus and community events as determined by USG advisor.
- Shall assist every other member in the performance of the duties of the Undergraduate Student Government and function as a team.
- Shall attend and participate in all activities of the USG.
- Establish and oversee the USG budget of all projects.
- Review and update as necessary the By-Laws and position descriptions of the USG.
- Maintain confidentiality of University committees.
- Utilize the USG e-mail account for all official USG communication.
- Communication with other USG members and USG advisor when missing a meeting. All USG members should check their Kent e-mail every 48 hours and respond in a timely manner.
- Meeting with the Dean on a regular basis, at least once per academic year.
- USG members who are members of the group requesting funds must leave during allocation discussions, and these members may not vote on the funding request.