Undergraduate Student Government
My name is Allison Phibbs, and I am a senior at Kent State Trumbull. I am graduating with my bachelor's in business administration in December 2023. I currently work as an administrative assistant and plan to continue on this career path after graduation. My favorite part of my college experience has been being a part of the Undergraduate Student Government. Through this organization, I have met many people along the way and hope to make more connections before I leave. If I could give any advice to upcoming freshmen, it would be to get involved! USG has brought me opportunities, friendships, and personal growth that I could not get anywhere else. I look forward to the remainder of this semester and, as always, go Flashes!
I am currently a junior pursuing my bachelor's degree in nursing and LOVING everything about nursing education! I also enjoy participating in on-campus events, not only am I an officer of the Undergraduate Student Government but I am also the President of the Student Nurses Association. My mission while attending Kent Trumbull is to lend a hand to all students in need and support our community. I am a nontraditional first-generation student who graduated from Mathews High School in 2012, and a proud mom of two beautiful children. Apart from my studies, I enjoy collecting vinyl and crystals, thrifting, and making as many memories as I can with my son and daughter. After my four years with Kent State, I plan on finding a local nursing position where I can work on my master's degree. I look forward to fulfilling my duties as an officer of USG along with supporting my fellow flashes and uniting student organizations. As Dolly Parton would say, "You'll never do a whole lot unless you're brave enough to try."
Hello everyone!! My name is Nadia, and my major is TAS (nursing, science and psychology). Something about me is I work in the Kent Trumbull bookstore as the supervisor. I love spending time with my family, fiancé and friends, and going on spontaneous adventures. Also, I have the cutest little puppy, and her name is Rosebud Marie!! Hope to see you around campus this semester!! GO FLASHES!!
Currently, I am a student at Kent State University Trumbull majoring in Business Technology. I have spent the last 5 years of my life working as a salaried assistant for 2 different retail companies now. With my major being in business, I am here to further my education to help me become more knowledgeable in the retail industry; I'd like to gain certifications in professional ASL and foreign language studies and with that, take my work into global marketing occupations.
If someone had asked me one year ago if I wanted to attend college- I would have said no. I am the first of my entire family to further their education after high school. Along with my family, I took the working path immediately after high school- almost a 2-year gap to be specific and I didn't find college to be necessary for me- but I have a plan now for my life. With that being said, I am 20 years old, and this is my first semester of my college journey. My retail experiences have helped me with my time management immensely, so far, my college experience has been great! I am super excited to be here and become as involved as possible!
USG - Undergraduate Student Government
USG is the undergraduate student government at Kent State University at Trumbull that enhances opportunities for involvement in the campus and community.
What does USG do?
- Allocates university funding to student organizations for educational purposes
- Acts as a voice between the administration and the student body
- Provides a variety of events for the campus
USG Advisor: Nancy Barker (email@example.com)
Meetings will take place in the Student Union
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Undergraduate Student Government
- Be enrolled in at least six credit hours at the Trumbull campus during both Fall and Spring semesters of the term of service.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Participate in an evaluation each semester with the USG advisor.
- Maintain a minimum of 3 regular office hours per week, to ensure sufficient access to constituents and university officials per individual USG member.
- Adhere to all USG rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Serve on University committees as needed so as to ensure a balanced workload among all members.
- Participate in the Allocations process at the request of the USG Advisor.
- Attend all (leadership) training workshops and seminars, which are intended to increase proficiency and efficiency in service to one's office.
- Attend all briefings and public meetings to include USG and regular USG meetings, and any other required event(s).
- In the event of three unexcused absences, a special session shall be held to take into consideration removal from office.
- Participate in campus and community events as determined by USG advisor.
- Shall assist every other member in the performance of the duties of the Undergraduate Student Government and function as a team.
- Shall attend and participate in all activities of the USG.
- Establish and oversee the USG budget of all projects.
- Review and update as necessary the By-Laws and position descriptions of the USG.
- Maintain confidentiality of University committees.
- Utilize the USG e-mail account for all official USG communication.
- Communication with other USG members and USG advisor when missing a meeting. All USG members should check their Kent e-mail every 48 hours and respond in a timely manner.
- Meeting with the Dean on a regular basis, at least once per academic year.
- USG members who are members of the group requesting funds must leave during allocation discussions, and these members may not vote on the funding request.