Extend your understanding of a subject.
Engage in research and creative academic work.
Develop good work and life skills.
Be an independent learner.
Stand out for grad school and to employers.
2023 Student Showcase
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE?
• Students from any discipline area can present a faculty-mentored research project, scholarly effort or creative work/presentation.
• Students doing academic, scholarly, or creative work—from the sciences to the humanities, arts, and social sciences—are encouraged to be presented.
• Projects must be done under the guidance of a faculty mentor who will recommend your project for exhibition.
• Project can be presented as posters; however, other formats will be considered, such as projects in decorative arts and visual and performing arts.
• The deadline to register is Monday, April 13, 2023
• The deadline for uploading posters or creative arts/visual arts projects in other formats is Monday, April 17, 2023.
• Two judging sessions will take place: morning and afternoon of Tuesday, April 25, 2023.
• Student presenters will have 10 minutes to present their research to the judges during one of the judging sessions.
• Each poster and student presentation will be rated by multiple judges, each using the same rubric.
• During judging, student presenters should clearly explain their exhibition of research, scholarly work, or creative/performing/visual work. Students also will answer questions posed by judges.
• The poster or creative work should reflect the academic and scholarly standards for the field in which you are exhibiting.
• Present your best work and put your best foot forward!
Students exhibitions will be face-to-face. In the event circumstances change due to Covid or other unforeseen circumstances, the Showcase organizer and/or Kent State Trumbull Campus reserves the right to adjust plans for the Showcase Exhibition.