Veterans & Military

Veterans or Military enrolling at Kent State University at Trumbull who plan to apply for Veterans Administration (VA) educational benefits must submit the following to the Kent State Trumbull certifying official:

  • Copy of their JST Form.
  • Certificate of Release or Discharge from active duty or DD2384.
  • Notice of Basic Eligibility.
  • Kicker Contracts.

All veterans or military personnel are required to complete the necessary VA forms to obtain educational benefits and must complete an enrollment certification at the beginning of each semester. The enrollment certification can be completed by clicking below on the Intent of Enrollment link, complete this form to indicate your desire to use educational benefits. Veterans must be enrolled in a degree program in order to receive benefits. Some students who have a parent who is disabled or deceased from a service-connected incident may also be eligible for educational benefits.

Tuition and fees at all of Kent State University’s campuses are submitted after the second day of each term. Credit hours are submitted as soon as the student submits them to the Veteran Certifying Official in order to ensure that book and housing stipends are not delayed. However, we wait until the second day of each term to submit tuition and fees to help prevent debt situations for students due to VA collections policies should a student drop or reduce on or prior to the first day of the term. Please allow 2-4 weeks from the time of submission for the VA to issue payment to the school.

Listed below are several external sites that provide military and veteran resources:


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.