At Counseling Services, our focus is your success – both at Kent State Ashtabula and beyond.
Counseling Services offers students individual therapy sessions, educational workshops and training programs for students and the campus community.
Comfortable, professional, and private, Counseling Services offers students the opportunity to pursue free, confidential individual therapy. Sessions are available all year, allowing students to focus on regaining balance, empowerment, promoting healing, and self reflection to make changes in their academic and personal lives. When things are becoming difficult, not going the way you want, or when you feel that other people don’t understand or don’t know how to help – Counseling Services is here for you!
No matter what is bothering you – burn out, family issues, relationship problems, anger management, stress, worry and anxiety, a recent loss, self esteem issues, sexual identity, drug or alcohol problems, or any other mental health related concern – Counseling Services will help you find what best fits your needs to enhance your success and improve your life.
Services for Students
- Individual counseling
- Educational workshops and events
- Referrals to community resources
- Coordination with other student support offices as needed
- Interviews or class presentation information and materials by request
- Walk-in and scheduled sessions available
- Students may be seen up to one appointment per week, unless there is an emergency or on-going crisis that necessitates more frequent contact
- Sessions are safe, private and confidential
- All sessions are free for students
Setting up an appointment
- Contact: Jennifer D. Simpson, LPCC-S by email at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (440) 964-4234.
If you are experiencing an emergency, and counseling is NOT available:
- Dial 911 immediately.
- Proceed to your nearest emergency facility.